3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Metal Primer EC-3901
• Used to obtain improved metal and glass adhesion.
• Ensures complete wetting of film adhesive to adherend surfaces.
• Simplifies production scheduling by protecting the cleaned surfaces until the bonding operations can be completed.
Low VOC Primer
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structual Adhesive Primer EW-5000
• Sprayable, water-based, low VOC, heat curing, chromated primer.
• Corrosion inhibiting package for excellent corrosion protection.
• VOC is 178 g/liter (meets SCAQMD Rule 1124).
• High spray transfer efficiency.
• 3-6 times higher coverage compared to solvent-based primers.
• Can be sprayed or brush applied.
Non-Chromated, Low VOC Primer
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structual Adhesive Primer EW-5000 AS
• Complies with OSHA 29 CFR 1910. 1026.
• Non-chromated, corrosion inhibiting package.
• Less than 5 minutes to flash off into an integrated non-tacky film.
• Will air dry in 15-30 minutes, depending on humidity and temperature.
• Thickness can be accurately measured pre-bake with a thickness gauge.
• Compatible with most automated spray equipment.